Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 45: Calories vs. Pounds

I am a bit laid up at the moment, so I am pushing back P90X until I am healthy again.  Which may take a minute because I have mono...YUK.

Ever since yesterday at about 3pm when I got my diagnosis I have reading about what I can do in lieu of exercising to still stay on target with my weight loss.  I have found that 3500 calories equal a pound.  That is crazy!  No wonder it is so hard to lose weight!  Well, for me to maintain my weight I need to eat 2000 calories, so for me to lose weight, I must have a 3500 calorie deficit to lose one pound and I'd like to lose 2 pounds a week during this down time.  So I have done the figuring and I just need to consume 1300 cals a day to do so.  It isn't too hard either, because I am not hungry and honestly feel kinda yucky.  So I think I can stay at 1300 cals for now.  

I did read that it is very important that anyone stay above 1200 calories a day for your health.  No matter how tiny you are!  

Well, off to rest a bit more before bed time comes!  I hope I can stay awake for Biggest Loser tonight!

Weight 202.8

3 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

Oh no! Did you feel really sick or were you in for a checkup? I'm so sorry! Please let us know if there's anything we can do, ok?

luv ya

Lean & Green Mama said...

Hey Heidi...hope you feel better soon!

I'll be watching for your thoughts and feedback regarding p90X. Since i have no gym membership, I'm trying to plan workout routines around working out at home (or outside when this MN weather allows for it more!). So right now I'm doing Wii workouts and the Biggest Loser 30 day jump start. But I'll be done with those in about a week and a half. After that I think I'm borrowing the 30-day Shred from a friend to do for another month. So come end of March I'll need a new routine and I'm looking into P90X for then. I'm combining my current workouts with walks outdoors...soon to become jogs outdoors! So...all that to say, be sure to blog about your thoughts re: P90X!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls for your well wishes!

I went to the doctor cuz I was feeling lousy. I can't even explain how tired I have been.

I will definitely blog my results of P90X.