Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 128: Werkin' It!

Sunday:
Made some new rules.  No flour and No sugar for the month of May.
Went for a 2 mile RUN!  Huh?  Yup you read that right!  I didn't know I could run...I mean, I used to be a runner, doing 5k and 10k races, but I didn't think I could do it now...I told Sara who ran with me, that I'd walk with her.  However, I ran.  I actually did it!  It felt so good too, UNTIL...

Monday:
Um, how am I supposed to walk on these legs...THEY ARE SO sore!  I also am a Census worker, so I have to walk for my job.  This was likely the best thing I could do for these legs of mine.  I made it through the day, with super sore legs.
I had the ladies small group from church over to celebrate Sally and her marriage.  We had a Mexican fiesta.  The girls brought enchiladas (flour) and I ate one not really thinking, then we had carrot cake for dessert (sugar and flour) and I ate a piece!  YIKES.  Day 3 of my no flour and no sugar and I did.  I walked for 2 hours during the day.

Tuesday:
I signed up to RUN the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Mother's Day.  I can hardly wait!  I have eaten well and feel back on track today.  I will be walking for 1 hour this afternoon doing the Census.  If you feel so inclined to donate to the Breast Cancer 3 day for my fundraising, please feel free.  CLICK HERE.

For those new to the blog...I walked the Breast Cancer 3 day last year, and it changed my life.  It was the most amazing 3 day period I could experience.  Since January of last year, my dearest friend Kimberly lost her mom who had breast cancer, my aunt got breast cancer for the second time and has survived it, and my sister-in-law's mom has been diagnosed.  That is one reason why I walk.  The other reason why I walk is because of the rest of us who will either get breast cancer or know and love someone who will join the ranks of breast cancer survivors.  If you feel so inclined to donate, please do.  If you'd like to walk with me, you need to raise $2300 and be ready to walk 60 miles in 3 days!  If so, please let me know!

3 comments:

AbigailShutterbug said...

Way to go!!! 20lbs. is no small change!! I can't wait until I can say that!

-Tasha

Unknown said...

Wow! Great Job. I have been doing pretty well on changing my body. I haven't lost as much weight yet but I have put on a lot of muscle. My clothes are starting to fit differently. I workout 5 days a week and just started a nutrition plan through the gym that I go to. Shawn and I bought the food for it last night and will be cooking it tonight. A big part of it is having things prepared ahead of time and eating 6 small meals a day. The plan goes on a 90/10, meaning if you eat 6 meals a day then 4 meals out of the week can be altered a little to make room for life (like the occasional piece of carrot cake) without blowing the whole diet. Eat according to plan 90% of the time and enjoy the occasional 10% without guilt. Change is hard and I tend to use sweets as comfort for stress, so this will be hard but worth it. Your blogs have been very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Tasha, THANKS!

Taisa, that is great. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Do keep me posted!

Much love!