Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 183: I stepped on the scale and...

Although I don't report my weight on days other than Monday, I do step on the scale all the time.  It is never a surprise (but a let down, yes) and I have been known to pray a small prayer before stepping on the scale.  It is more begging for the numbers to change, rather than a prayer.  I go through phases where I don't weigh myself for a week too, however, it seems those phases are short.

I did step on the scale today and a smile spread across my face.  I am not going to share the numbers until Monday.  I did talk to one of my friends who is doing great on a diet plan, and she showed me the menu and food she is eating.  Yesterday I did it.  I did it and today I stepped on the scale, and I smiled!

Does anyone want to do this food menu with me, and report weight loss on Mondays?  If so post a comment with your name, the amount of weeks you want to do it.  Then on Mondays you too can post your weight on my blog via a comment, also if you are a blogger you too can add a link to your blog.  It will be fun to see how everyone does.  I am hoping it works for me and you.

The first two days eat:
2 eggs for breakfast
1/2 Orange in the morning the other 1/2 in the afternoon
Unlimited proteins
Unlimited raw green vegetables (no peas)
80 oz of water
1/4 tsp of Morton's Lite Salt

After those days you can eat:
2 portions of protein
4 portions of veggies
2 portions of fruit
1 portion of fat
2 portions of starch
1 portion of milk
80 oz of water

Sample menu:
BREAKFAST
1 egg + 2 oz of cottage cheese (1/2 protein)
1/2 cup blueberries (1 fruit)

SNACK
1 cup of asparagus (1 veggie)

LUNCH
3 oz skinless chicken breast (1/2 protein)
1 piece of 45 cal whole wheat bread (1 starch)
side salad with fat-free dressing (1 veggie)

SNACK
1 small apple (1 fruit)

DINNER
4 oz Steak with 1 tbsp of horseradish (1 protien)
2 cups Salad (2 veggie) with 1 tsp olive oil (1 fat) and vinegar dressing
1/4 cup cooked brown rice (1 starch)
1 cup of milk (1 milk)

WATER
drink 80 oz of water throughout the day

No comments: