Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 191: My longest training walk

Greetings folks!
I am here in the Seattle area, the weather is beautiful and so is my family.  I have been able to spend a little time with two of my brothers and their families and today we are going to the coast and my sister and her kids will be there too.  I am so looking forward to it. I can hardly wait!!!

Yesterday I did my longest training walk. I walked from Mukilteo to Edmonds Beach and then back.  I walked 20.1 miles.  It was great.  I felt great the entire time too.  I have been having this hip issue where my hip slides out and it hurts super bad.  However, funny enough it hasn't happend on a training walk.  It usually happens when I am relaxing!  :o)  I make the walk in over 5 hours.  I made a few stops along the way.  I dropped the kids off at their Auntie Merry and Uncle Spencer's to play for the day.  Then when I made it to Edmonds and popped in to see the Mayor of Edmonds, Mike Cooper.  He is a friend of many years.  In fact just after college I was his campaign manager.  It was one of the best jobs I ever had.  We had lots of fun, it hardly felt like work!  Ok, then I went down to have some lunch and then made my way back.  It was a great walk.  I get these great ideas and motivation when I am walking.  I came up with some good ones!  :o)  Much of what I was thinking about involved Haiti.  I just love that place! 

Last night I went to my older brother, Dick's, house.  It was fun to play with my niece and nephews.  I had a blast hanging out with Meri and Dick as well.  It was a great time.  I just wish there were more times like this.
Everytime I come out for a visit, I think, I should live here.  It is a hard one.  I do however LOVE my neighbors beyond anything I can explain.  I also LOVE my church and friends & Friend.  It is a great place to live.  If I didn't have that, I am sure I'd be living here. 

Being on vaca makes losing weight HARD.  I am doing my best.  My travel day...NOT GOOD.  I ate nasty junky food.  Yesterday I did better, but I also walked 20.1 miles so I think I am in the clear.  I just need to make sure I continue to eat well.  It is hard, but losing weight is harder.   I do have a few meals planned during my trip that I know will be junky, and I am ok with that.  I just need to do a long walk that day and eat healthy for my other meals.

Enjoying all the compliments from loved ones on my shrinking waist line!  :o)
Just a reminder I will weigh in when I get back home. 
Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: