Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 5: Happy Old Year

Well the last day of another decade is passing.  Sadly, when I was thinking of where I was 10 years ago, I imagined the year 1990...man does time fly or what.  Then I was like, that isn't possible, and corrected myself.  10 years ago today, I was in Sarajevo, Bosnia i Herzegovina serving a 6 month deployment.  I was going through some changes then too, that affected the rest of my life...I do remember though, that time of my life I was on a major diet (that worked) and lost 35 pounds.  I was talking to Sammi the other day saying I feel the same way about this diet as I did about that one.  The "Yes I Can" mentality.  I did it too.  The other thing I accomplished then too, was my best ever 2 mile time in the army.  I ran two miles in 14.50!  I was super excited.  So, ten years later, I am on the same weight loss quest, but have much more to add to my list of things I am grateful for.  Christ is now the center of my life.  Actually it will be 10 years ago in May that I accepted him as my personal saviour.  I'll go into that more in future posts.  I met and married the man of my dreams!  We have two beautiful children, a great home, on an awesome street, in a great town!  I have nieces and nephews a plenty.  All my siblings are happy with families.  My parents are well!  I did say good-bye to both my Pappy and my Mor-Mor (grandma) during this past decade, but both of them went peacefully, and amazingly enough I was able to be there to say good bye to both of them, the week that they passed.

So, this decade, this year, I enter with such optimism, I am so excited to see it unfold!  My house is clean, still working on a few projects that I will continue tomorrow, but after that, my house will be in tip-top shape!  I am happy about that.  I am sure my husband and kids will enjoy it too.  I am also a business owner/partner of a great Event Planning business called The Hip Chick Co. and I have a great feeling about our biz and where it is going to be heading!

I am cutting the blog short, because I have guests arriving shortly.  I do want to mention that my exercise (cleaning the house for 6 hours) likely burned about 1400 cals according the chart I used.  I was moving furniture, running laundry up and down the stairs, organizing cabinets, so I am excited that my exercise produced two positives!  I can hardly believe that in just 5 short days, I have lost 4 pounds.  I do know that it will come off easier at the beginning of the diet than the end, but I do have to say, I didn't expect to see it so easily fall off.

Well, I did save some calories today for tonight's festivities, I will be sure to eat and drink wisely.  I am providing, a fruit and veggie tray so I will stay near that and away from the evil temptations.  I will just repeat, tasty temptations will not taste as good as skinny feels!

Weight: 208 Oh, yeah!
Breakfast: Grapefruit, Toast with spread, yogurt (326 cals)
Lunch: Mac n Cheese (615 cals) YIKES
Snack: Blueberries and Carrots (33 cals)
Dinner: 4 oz. Steak, Broccoli, Dinner Roll, A1 sauce (530 cals)
Party food: Likely about 400 cals
Total Cal: 1904

2 comments:

Leah Miller said...

Great job, Heidi!

(I have also been appauled at the stinking mac and chz caloric count. Ridiculous.)

Unknown said...

mac n cheese is so crazy ridiculous! bad day to choose it too, knowing i was going to be tempted with the snacks for nye. ok, so i learned for next time! thanks LRM for the support!!!