Weight Lost!!!

13 pounds down

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 243: Choose your own...(adventure)

Howdy ladies & gents.

Well, I am coming off a low.  I am only down a net of 24# from the get go.  Yes, it is 24#s less than I was 243 days ago, but I have to RE-LOSE 6#s that I lost already.  It happens, it is reality and so I will talk about it.  I gained weight, I ate terrible and didn't exercise to combat it...so here I am again, at 24#s down.

My BFF from high school, Dana, (not to be confused with my sister, Dana, whom I will mention later) and I have started talking and are coming up with a fab plan!  She has completed 2 FULL IRONMANS!  She is amazing to me!  She is now going to coach me as I do my first 100 mile bike ride, my first marathon and my first triathlon in prep for my first IRONMAN!  I will will do the first this in 2011, and do the IRONMAN in 2012.  I am excited for the venture.  However, before any of that, I need to lose the rest of my weight!  As we chatted we discussed that the weight coming off will be first priority, as I train.

So, she (fit as can be, as you can imagine) wants to lose 10#s. She isn't overweight, but would just like to be a little more slim.  So, her and I have developed an accountability plan.  We are both different leading different lives.  She is married with no children.  She has a full time job, and is a student getting her Master's degree.  I am married with kids and have a stay at home mom job.  So for us to do an identical menu is unrealistic.  We are doing what works best for us...individually.  There is not ONE DIET that is perfect for everyone.  We are all different and need to find what food works for each of us.  However, what we are doing is...keeping one another accountable.  We have to start the day with answering certain questions, such as the following:


Will get closer to goal weight today (not further from) by:

Food:
breakfast,
lunch,
dinner,
snacks,
# of glasses of water,

Today's mantra:

Today's exercise:


We have to answer the questions.  We also have to record our food intake and caloric output each day on our online tracker (I use MyPlate, she uses FitDay)

We have a goal of losing 1 # a week for 10 weeks.  This is my short term goal...Of course my long term goal is to continue on like this until I have complete it all.  :o)

I suggest you find a friend and do the same thing.  Make sure you are a good match.  That you will hold each other accountable and won't let each other fail.

Join us on our quest...

Weight: 188...(for the LAST TIME)

Will get closer to goal weight today (not further from) by:

Food:
breakfast,
lunch,
dinner,
snacks,
# of glasses of water,

Today's mantra:

Today's exercise:

2 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

Love the plan with Dana! And, remember, this whole losing weight thing is a journey...we learn stuff about ourselves in the process that will eventually help us to maintain the sleek, sexy bodies we're GOING TO HAVE!!

With ya in all this,
C

Me and Jorge - Amber said...

That is an awesome plan! Ive been wanting to commit to a 1/2 marathon and then thought it was too much. But it is a good BIG goal to have! You motivated me to really commit myself!